Designer For A Day
Gain the benefit of an experienced design profession and award-winning designer while implementing the design on your own! This service is an intensive day of shopping for 1-2 rooms up to 250 sq. ft. We will visit your home, have lunch together, then visit to up to 3 retail or specialty showrooms near you to source and try-out products. We take notes for your during our meetings and the rest is up to to you!
This service is currently available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00am to 6:00pm. The latest start time is 12:00pm. Travel outside the GVRD is additional.
$1,275 + 5% G.S.T.
- Purchase Designer For A Day. Following purchase, you are automatically in your own Studio Portal with immediate access to your a project file. We will need to turn on some features on for you for some other steps below and this is generally done within 24 hours of purchase.
- Review the Welcome Packet. This covers some important points about what we do and don't do.
- Download and read the Client Project Planner.
- Download and complete your Designer For A Day Survey Form. It's in a Word *.doc file or PDF. Once finished, scan and upload it into Space / project files. You can also use our Tip Sheet for measuring your room.
- Book the Appointment. To receive the time-slot that works fo for you, do this as soon as possible. If you want to know some ideal dates that we have open, we can review this during our Discovery Session.
- Upload 5-10 Inspiration Images directly into your Studio Portal as soon as possible. We use these images as a jumping off point to use in order to curate your new space and suggest the right retailers near you. Inspiration images must be uploaded at least 48 hours prior to our In-Home Appointment or the day booked will need to be rescheduled.
- Take photos of the room and upload Existing Photos of the room you want to design.
- On the Designer Day, be prepared to make important decisions and lots of them. Don't worry, we'll help you, but for the best efficiency you need to commit to be being distraction free during our meetings and take your own notes.
- Order your products. From there, you are responsible to purchase products, arrange delivery, assemble and place products according to our recommended layout. If this is not something that you want to do, then this is not the right service for you and our Block of 30 Hours would be a better option.
We will review all your material submissions and make appropriate recommendations for lunch and the showroom locations in a Message. If you have any food allergies or restrictions, or if you have an mobility needs and can only visit accessible locations, please send us a Message so we can accomodate you the best way possible. It's important to note that by purchasing this service, you agree to the Designer For A Day Service Agreement.
G.S.T. #81489 3913 / P.S.T. (BC) #1000-7797